Accelerated Data Migration
By migrating to a modernized data estate, enterprises remove the restrictions from legacy systems, lower the overall data management costs and gain unprecedented value from their data. Blueprint firmly believes migrating to the cloud allows companies to use data most effectively at scale and reach future success.
Migration at a Glance
- Automate the discovery phase with analysis tools for size and complexity of the environment.
- Accelerate the process with automated schema & code conversions and QA
- Don’t just lift and shift, modernize to optimize performance and costs of the Lakehouse
- Ensure legacy systems are fully decommissioned
- Keep the business and user needs at the center of the process
- Convert up to 80% via accelerators
- Get full documentation of conversions and new architecture
- Maintain 100% optimization post-migration with our Lakehouse Monitor
- Confidence in Day 2 operations with full security and governance practices
- Receive a customized roadmap for new use cases that migration unlocks
Migrate from on-premises to cloud or from cloud to cloud. We support single and multi-cloud.
The Blueprint Way
Powered by Accelerators
Our pre-built accelerators enable you to migrate with speed, consistency, and quality.
- Assessment Engine: Analyze source system metadata and code to accurately plan and forecast migration projects.
- Conversion Automation: Batch refactor code from/to various data platforms — 80% or more of legacy code can by automated.
- QA/QC Engine: See data outcomes in relation to processing jobs to ensure consistent results.
- Lakehouse Monitor: Get real-time visibility to costs and performance of Databricks to ensure maximized ROI.
How to Engage
Ready to kick off a data migration project but unsure where to begin? We offer several ways to begin your journey. We highly suggest one of these initial steps, but we’ll always recommend what’s best after our initial conversation.
A two-day process to run the analysis tools and conduct the workshop.
- Run analyzer for legacy system
- Project definition workshop
- Outcomes (roadmap and draft SOW, consumption forecast, and objections and concerns addressed)
Use Case Modernization
Modernize a single high-value use case or business process.
- Prove value of full migration by delivering a single use case all the way to production
- Uncover any unexpected barriers or concerns before full migration
- Project full TCO with higher confidence
- Establish footprint for Databricks to continue growing within customer environment
QuickStart (Accelerated POC)
A two-week accelerated proof of concept (POC) for new users that will:
- Introduce the data team to the Lakehouse
- Prepare the Databricks environment with scripted infrastructure-as-code
- Complete two full data pipelines using native Fivetran connections
- Analyze with SQL analytics and BI tools
- Plan next steps with a roadmap to success
Course of Action Assessment
Provides expert guidance with intimate business knowledge that:
- Pinpoints root causes of infrastructure issue, bottlenecks, and overspending
- Uncovers opportunities through data-driven decisions
- Evaluates processes to identify opportunities to reduce complexity and maximize efficiency
- Identified actionable, quick wins to implement immediately
Learn more about the Course of Action Assessment here.
We are a Databricks preferred
migration and consulting partner.
Ready to migrate?
Our data engineering and operations teams are best-in-class. Whether it’s a lift-and-shift, replatform or refactoring, we are here for you. We’ve done migrations of all shapes and sizes.
Get up and running with our 2-week
Your platform on your cloud of choice
DOWNLOAD THE DATABRICKS REFERENCE ARCHITECTURE